Making Chicken Soup in a Pressure Cooker
Chicken soup is one of my favorite recipes for providing rehydration and warmth on a cool winter evening. And, making chicken soup in a pressure cooker is one of my favorite methods, because:
- It’s easy
- It’s quick
- It’s delicious
What more could you want?
The process consists of chopping some veggies and throwing them into a pressure cooker with some chicken breasts, herbs, and vegetable broth and then waiting about 20-30 mins for it all to cook.
The whole process takes about 10 mins for cutting and prepping the veggies. Then it takes about 30 mins for the chicken to cook in the pressure cooker. I usually do something else during this time… Take a shower, wash the dishes, play guitar, do some push-ups, take your pick.
Once the chicken has cooked for about 30 mins I remove the pressure cooker from heat, and run cold water over the pot until the cooker drops in pressure and unlocks. When you open up the pressure cooker you’ll find perfectly cooked chicken that shreds apart with a fork, and delicious broth.
At this point you just need to add some veggies, cook until firm, and enjoy.
Oh… And be careful not to burn your mouth. Let’s dive in to the step by step.
Step by Step Chicken Soup Directions
Tools You’ll Need
- Pressure cooker (required)
- Cutting board
- Spoon and/or ladle
- Garlic press
Chicken Soup Ingredients
This recipe calls for:
- 1 yellow onion
- 4-5 garlic cloves (normal/medium in size)
- 5 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 3 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- 2 lemons
- 1.5 lbs chicken breast (2 chicken breast)
- 10 cups of vegetable broth
- 5 carrots
- 5 celery stocks
- Add about 2 tbsp of olive oil or avocado oil to pressure cooker, set to medium.
- Add the following to the pressure cooker and saute for approximately 4-5 mins until the onion becomes translucent:
- 1 diced yellow onion
- 4-5 cloves of minced or chopped garlic
- Thyme pulled off of 5 sprigs
- Rosemary stripped off of 3 sprigs
- Add the juice of 2 lemons.
- Add 2 chicken breasts to the bottom of the pot.
- Add 10 cups of vegetable broth.
- Seal the pressure cooker lid and bring to pressure.
- Cook the chicken at pressure for approximately 30 mins
- Remove the pressure cooker from the heat, and allow it to release pressure (you can it under cold water to bring the pressure down quickly)
- Remove the pressure cooker lid, add the following, and cook for about 5-10 minutes at medium temperature (a rolling boil).
- 5 chopped carrots
- 5 chopped stalks of celery
- Egg noodles (if using)
- If you’re serving with the egg noodles, you’ll want to check to see when they are done, and then serve. If serving with wild rice, simply add some rice to your bowl, and then ladle your soup over the rice.
The https://jonlanman.com website is one of the best we have
found, and the Making Chicken Soup in a Pressure Cooker
article is very well written and useful!
I want to share with you a link that also helped me a lot in cooking: https://bit.ly/easy-fat-burning-recipes
Thanks and kisses! 🙂